Coconut Oil has many healthy properties that can address modern dietary diseases.
Last February 28, 2017 at Oracle Hotel in Quezon City, a Blogger's conference was held. I'm glad I was one of the few invited to attend the Coconut oil information forum which was sponsored by the Minola Premium Coconut oil. The guest speaker was Dr. Fabian M. Dayrit, a professor at the Ateneo de Manila University, the acting-president of the National Academy of Science and Technology. He is also the Chair for Scientific Committee for Health, Asian and Pacific Coconut Community.
The forum started with a brief discussion about the history of the Coconut. Then followed by different topics such as Saturated fats and does cholesterol cause heart disease? Lastly, emphasizing on the special properties of Coconut oil.
I grew up in San Pablo City where I always see Minola Manufacturing when I was a kid. Who would have thought I will be able to attend one of their forums and get valuable first hand information from a reputable person. I ended the day with new learning and a happy face. Another productive day for me.
Sharing some of my key take aways from the forum.
- Coconut oil can help lessen the falling hairs. Shared based on experience by one of the attendee.
- Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT) provide's energy and do not accumulate or deposit in the body tissue.
- Coconut oil is trans fat free, a natural product that does not contain hydrogenated fats.
- Coconut oil is a lauric oil and when absorbed by the body becomes monolaurin. Monolaurin is also found in mother’s milk. It is said to be useful in increasing immunity and fighting viruses and disease.
- Coconut oil promotes good health and helps build a stronger immune system.
- That Cholesterol is converted into Vitamin D with sunlight. Wherein Vitamin D is also essential for our health. It is also converted to bile acids which are needed for digestion.
Sharing my home-made pancake using Minola margarine for me and my hubby, para #HealthyAngRelationships.
Please bear with me as I am new to cooking.Haha!
About the Author:
Click to set custom HTML